The usual silliness.
Tesla’s 62 stall Santa Monica V3 Supercharger hits speed bump, LA housing crisis takes priority
- Recall the project, the largest V3 Supercharger station in the world with 62-stalls, solar canopies, battery backup and customer restrooms was approved by the Planning Commission on March 3rd
- The final approval by the City Council however took a u-turn for a cliff.
- Why? Housing.
- Santa Monica and Los Angeles is in the midst of a housing crisis with high rents and undersupply
- The housing crunch occupied much of the Planning Commissioner’s debate, discussed 2-shows ago; commissioners wanted Tesla to build housing units on top of the super chargers.
- Noelani Derickson of Tesla responded “Tesla is a car manufacturer, we’re not in the housing business.
- The Supercharger project has been included in an Emergency Interim Zoning Ordinance for potential housing in Los Angeles.
- The city is working to change rules governing housing project density & profitability leading to more construction.
- In the end City Council actions will likely lead to the project’s demise, but what can you do?
- There are almost 1,000 Tesla owners in Santa Monica, if they wrote to the Santa Monica City Council
Plot Twist: Elon Musk Just Had Tesla Launch a Social Platform (Don’t think we got to this story before? The story above is why Tesla created this platform)
Tesla launches new social media platform to ‘engage’ its community and promote policies
What’s up with the new Talking Tesla Logo? -Joel
Tesla’s ‘Technoking’ Musk Joins Long Line of Odd Job Titles Other fanciful corporate monikers include chief pillow officer, chief monster maker and chief troublemaker; ‘Master of Coin’
What OS version are you rockin’
Spring sprung, March 20th
Support the show
- The spring Equinox (Vernal Equinox)
- The day (twice a year when day time = night time)
- Beginning of spring
- Plant a see