Electric Vehicle Growth: the brands, consumers, and EV public opinion trends in 2021 (Interesting, the social media side of EV adoption)
- Online interest in EVs has more than doubled in the past year & “social chatter” has grown 5-fold per Pulsar TRAC (a social media data aggregator)
- They analyzed over 300k posts & articles authored in the US and UK between Feb 15 – Apr 5, across social and news platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, TikTok, Amazon
Search queries beginning with ‘can…’
- can they tow?
- will they catch fire?
- Can they charge at home?
- Can they use the HOV lanes?
- at-home charging stations emerge time after time as a key point of discussion
- Compared to the non-Tesla EV audience, people talking about Tesla are younger, more male, and American.
- brands only making EVs make up almost 45% of the total brand conversation
UK: Royal Mail Fully Electrifies Its First Delivery Office (a short story)
- 100% electric delivery fleet… at a single UK post office
- 23 formerly diesel vans replaced with
Peugeot e-Expert mid-size vans
- The electricity for powering the office and for charging the vehicles is from 100% renewable sources
What OS version are you rockin’?
Versions of all Tesla updates here: https://www.notateslaapp.com/software-updates
- Model S = 2019.16.2 ??
- Model 3 = 2020.48.35.11 ??
- Model X = ??
- Model Y = 2021.4.6 ??
- 2020 Model 3 = 2021.4.18 (4 versions, all bug fixes improvements?!?) as of 06/05/2021
TESLA,THE STOCK & EV STORIES“Hey SIRI, what’s Tesla’s stock price?”
Tesla Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610-mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments (a bit more after touching on this last show, wanted to get Tom & Mel’s input)
- Recall the tri-motor Cybertruck was announced with 500+ miles of EPA estimated range, in a series of images in a US Patent Office document we see a range of 610 miles!
Support the show
- Images also reveal a much richer User Interface with pitch and clearance data, torque at each wheel
- eye tracking technology to adjust the vehicle’s mirrors, as well
- an air conditioning system that tracks passengers for optimum climate control.
- Several images from the patent also hint at the Cybertruck pulling a 20,000-pound trailer, as well as 20 inches of suspension travel.
- There are more d